zaterdag 10 november 2012

Within Temptation @ Appelpop!

*I wrote this a whole time back, but never uploaded it!*


Hello my sweetest readers~



I am really, really, really happy at this moment! I fell in love!

Not a normal love, but my eternal love for music! It was a complete surprise for me!

I went to Within Temptation at Appelpop!

So, for the ones who don’t care about the story: I’m going to put the story no matter what here in this blog >:3

And for the ones who are curious about my story: Please enjoy !



At school, a few classmates talked about going to Appelpop. They calculated the costs for the train and came to the conclusion the costs where around €23,-. I couldn’t afford that costs because my iPod broke and I have to buy a new one.

I really was sad, and asked my mom to bring me on her motorcycle, just like 4 years back, when I went with my mom to Appelpop to see them live. (I have seen Within Temptation 3 times now! My first time 4 years back, when I was 11 years old, 4 years back at Appelpop with my mom, and this time!)

So, I saw a lot of people posting things like: “Going to Appelpop to see Within Temptation!” and I was like: Moooom why did you have to bring someone to vacation?!

I really was sad.

But while we ate some dinner, I kind of joked: “Dad, could you bring me to Appelpop?”

He was like: “Naaah…”

Me: “It is free…”

He: “Oooooh that’s interesting!”

But not a real answer like yes or no. So I did kind of disappointed the dishes with my mom.

Then my dad walked in, and talked about his Harley Davidson. My mom said: “Have you told her yet?”

Silence…

Surprise!” My dad said, and kind of waved with his hands. I was só happy, I started to sing like I was crazy, because normally I don’t sing that often.

So, we went around 19:30, on the Harley Davidson, to Appelpop! *Geesh I typed like 100 times “Appelpoop” XD*

We arrived early, and we walked around at the little shops to look for band shirts. Mission failed…

So, we went to the so called “Hoofdpodium”, where Within Temptation would perform at 23:00. Of course I was way too early, but there was another act, so I waited patiently.

I was in the middle of the crowd, and was happy with my position; next to the huge screen for people in the back, but a good sight at the stage.

But when this act stopped, almost everyone went to the act of “De jeugd van tegenwoordig”. I rushed to the stage, and had the best spot I’ve ever wished for. Not even 10 (?) meters from the stage, and within 5 (?) meters from the catwalk. But I had to wait an hour for Within Temptation to start! And I was alone, because my dad and I did spit up because he thought it was too busy for him.

I had to wait a whole hour until the act started, but it felt like 100 years! Suddenly I started talking to a really cool girl, and then the time did fly! We talked about the Elf Fantasy Fair, where she wore a beautiful handmade corset, which she wore at that moment too! We were almost bouncing around!

While we were talking, the crew was setting the stage up, and testing the guitars, basses, keyboard and drums. They weren’t bad at playing them!



 

Before we knew it, the show started. The first of the short movies Within Temptation made, called “Mother Maiden” came on the screen, and we watched in silence. I thought it was really special. Some sentences we whispered along, because some were on the song “Why not me?”. Some parts I thought where scary, I just can’t take horror or thriller movies. And also there where kids at this concert. But I saw everything, so I’m a little bit proud!

After the beautiful intro, Within Temptation came on stage, and started to play “Shot in the dark” I believe.


 
 
 
 
 
 



The atmosphere was wonderful! They played their new songs, but also old ones: “Mother Earth” and “Ice Queen”.

Before I knew it they where done playing, and I went back home. I was tired!
 
 
Right: Picture time! Now I can say I have a picture of me together with Within Temptation!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten